Meet the Board
Meet the Board
John "JJ" Bernabei, RPh
4009 Palisades Drive
Weirton, WV 26062
A life-long resident of Weirton, WV, and a 1989 graduate of WVU, currently JJ is the CEO and co-owner of the Tristate Medical Group which consists of retail and Long Term Care pharmacies along with a home medical equipment company. JJ is current on the Board of Trustees of Weirton Medical Center, and is the current Chairman of the Weirton Medical Center Foundation. He was past president of the WV Pharmacy Association and past president of the Weirton Chamber of Commerce. JJ's wife Sue is also a 1989 WVU Pharmacy graduate.
- 24 years of service with the West Virginia State Police
- Extensive background in the insurance and risk management industry
- Member of the West Virginia Rural Health Association
- Advisory Board Member for Ben Franklin Career Center
- Owner/Operator of JER Limited
Jenna Misiti, Esq., MHA, CHC
- Graduate of Marshall University (B.A. in History) and Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Owner of Appalachian Healthcare Legal Consulting, PLLC
- Adjunct Professor for Marshall University’s Healthcare Administration Graduate Program
- 7 years’ experience as in-house counsel and compliance officer for a large healthcare organization
- Nationally certified in healthcare compliance
Sam Kapourales, RPh
215 Logan Street, Suite 10
Williamson, West Virginia 25661
- Graduate of Medical College of Virginia - School of Pharmacy
- Past-President of the Board of Pharmacy
- Former Mayor of Williamson, West Virginia
- Former owner of independent retail pharmacy
David G. Bowyer
David G. Bowyer is the Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the University of Charleston School of Pharmacy in Charleston, WV. He has been a member of the faculty at the school since the program’s inception in 2005. He received his B.S. in Pharmacy from West Virginia University School of Pharmacy in 1984 and has worked in a variety of practice settings, including both hospital and community pharmacy. He has also worked as a consultant pharmacist in the long-term care settings. He has served in a variety of offices in the West Virginia Society of Health System Pharmacists including two terms as president. He has also served on several committees with the American Society of Health System Pharmacist and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. He received the WVSHP Leadership Award in April 2008 and the Distinguished Educator Award in 2014 from the West Virginia Society of Health System Pharmacists. The American Society of Health-System Pharmacist has designated him as an ASHP Fellow in 2016. He is certified as both and Immunizing Pharmacist and a Medication Therapy Management Pharmacist by the American Pharmacist Association and serves as a trainer for those programs. He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the West Virginia Rural Health Association.
Dennis Lewis, RPh
Board Vice President
2101 Garrett Fork Road
Chapmanville, WV 25508
Dennis Lewis is a 1974 graduate of Concord College and a 1977 graduate of WVU School of Pharmacy. In 1981, he began his career by opening a respiratory therapy company, which later evolved into an apothecary pharmacy, as well as a Medicare certified Home Health agency in 1985. He formed the nonprofit organization “Dignity Hospice” in 1993 to serve the needs of terminally ill patients. He is currently the President/CEO of Dignity Hospice and Home Health.
Dennis is a recipient of the 1993 Entrepreneur of the Year, received the 1995 Innovative Pharmacist Practice Award, 2005 Merck Community Service Award for West Virginia, The West Virginia Pharmacy Leadership Award, the 2009 Bowl of Hygeia Award, Member of WVU School of Pharmacy Centennial Hall of Fame, as well as the 2015 Dr James H Beal Award. Dennis is also the past President of the West Virginia Pharmacist Association.
Robert Duncan, RPh
505 Edgewood Rd.
Hurricane, WV 25526
- Coming Soon